Thursday 18 August 2011

Communication connection

Some years ago when I was in charge of sales and setting up a distribution network in West African countries.
When I was traveling around one day one guy told me “you are white and that is impossible to change but your heart could be African “.

What that guy meant it is that my emotions, my feelings and the way to interact and communicate with the people has to be at the same level of them.
It means to have empathy but not only to be in the shoes of someone and understand what he/she thinks it's more than that it's to try to be emotionally as much as possible at the same level otherwise it is more difficult to connect.

If someone is able to do it the language,cultural or other differences will be shortened and the communication and connection between both parties will be easier and smooth and as a result you can get their trust. 


No comments:

Post a Comment